Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
grajay
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Strnge smart hub behaviour

Go to solution

I 'upgraded' to a Smart hub and all seemed to work well until I came to print something.  Although my printer is showing in my system preference (uasing an iMac) as idle, and when I go to print something it shows as in use it never prints.  I swapped back to my Home Hub 5 and printing isn't an issue.  Is there a secret setting in the Smat Hub Home Hub 6 to sort this out.  I tried reverting to the Smart Hub and tried printing again but no joy.

Weird or what?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice.

Graham
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Strnge smart hub behaviour

Go to solution

did you turn off smart setup in the hh6

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
grajay
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Actually I don't think I did.  I'll connect it up again and give that a try - thanks

Graham
0 Ratings
grajay
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Just to put this issue to bed.  I had the opportunity to try out a brand new out-of-the-box Smart Hub.  Needless to say it too refused to play with my Dell printer even though when I checked my network on the router, there was my printer showing as large as life.

When I deleted the printer from my network, for some reason the Smart Hub could not then find it. 

The solution was  simple(ish).  Having reconnected my Home Hub5 and put the printer back into my system, I then reconnected the Smart Hub and made a note of the printer's IP number.  I then went into my iMac System Preferences >Printers & Scanners and removed the printer that was there.  Then used the + to add in a printer - selected IP and typed in the IP that I had noted - then the printer showed up, and what's more it worked from then on.

Graham