cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graham-12
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Superfast Broadband seed issue

I used BT fon when away  and since returning to my home my broadband speed on my Pc, the device I accessed fon on, has had reduced bandwidth.  All other devices in the house have full line rate.  Done a loads tests on the PC reloaded drivers reset IP address etc.   BT even set me a new router which seem to work for an hour when first connected  but then reverted to reduced rate. It looks as though I am being restricted in the network, some config issue,  and logged into the fon network.  I am logged in correctly  - any Ideas or help welcome 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Superfast Broadband seed issue

sounds like your phone is still connecting to BTWIFI/FON as the main network and not your home internet  have you tried  forgetting your BTWIFI/FON and home network SSID from your phone then rebooting your phone and then log back into home network?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Graham-12 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, if your computer keeps connecting to BT Wi-fi/Fon instead of your Hub you can check this by following these instructions you'll need to click on the operating system that is on your PC to get the right guidance. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Graham-12
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

its the PC and yes looked to forget Fon and reboot. not worked.

I did get another router and speed went up and a hour later it revered back - just on my PC. It looks like there is some config in the network that has my PC only down as a fon customer, no matter what I do

0 Ratings
Graham-12
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

done this  connected to the main hub not fon. 

0 Ratings