cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HEvans
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Swann DVR 8-4000 on BT Home Hub 6 not able to view remotely on iphone.

Hi I am hoping someone can assist, I cannot view remotley my security cameras, previousley I had broadband with a Netgear DG834GUK router, The broadband was ipv4. I had no problems viewing remotley on an Apple ipone5S and a SamsungA5. The BT broadband now is an ipv6 - 31 digit code although an ipv4 address shows on comand prompt. The Netgear router will not work with the BT Broadband, I have tried inserting the broadband address and passwords to no affect.

To find a solution to this I have tried Keith Beddoe's advice on the BT Community, with Keiths settings on a static ip the Samsung iphone will slowley open 1 or 2 immages of the 4 screen start upp image of the Swan View Link app, the immages will then sieze and disapear. All the CCTV viewing programmes start with a 4 screeen image - 4 cameras.
I need to use a DHCP with a DDNS remote server as the ip address can, and does change, on DDNS setting nothing is visable, all I see is the message 'Opening' on all 4 camera screens defaulting after some minites to 'Login Failed'. I have port forwarded both ports and tested them on the on the 'Can you see me app' I have a message to say my ISP is not blocking the ports - I take this as they are port forwarded correctley in the router. I have tried the UpNp on the DVR and Home Hub6 - again this does not work.
I have contacted Swann technical support, without success, their 2nd and last suggestion is that BT manually open the ports - 9000 and the HTTP port 85.

Can someone please tell me

Can BT manually open ports? if so who do I ask as the help desks are of no assistance on this.

Do I need to change the router to one that will alow the Swann DVR to be viewed remotley?

Should the best route be to change the DVR to another manufacturer? can someone recoment a DVR that can be viewed remotley with the BT Home hub6?

Has anyone sucsessfully remotley viewed a Swann 8-4000 DVR on an ipv6 broadband with a Home Hub6?

Any help would be appreciated

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Swann DVR 8-4000 on BT Home Hub 6 not able to view remotely on iphone.

Welcome to this user forum.

See Swann DVR8-4000

0 Ratings
HEvans
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Hi Keith, many thanks for the prompt reply, I have tried your solution without success.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

@HEvans wrote:
Hi Keith, many thanks for the prompt reply, I have tried your solution without success.

Sorry I cannot help. That was a contribution from another forum member who has not been on the forum since 2014.

Port forwarding on the home hubs can be a problem, which is why I do not use a home hub.

BT do not block any ports.

Perhaps it may be best to disable IPv6, if that is possible on the home hub.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

If you are really stuck then use a different router. The one I use costs about £40 and has no issues with port forwarding. It does not support BTs version of IPv6, but that does not sound like it will be an issue.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

@HEvans wrote:

Hi I am hoping someone can assist, I cannot view remotley my security cameras, previousley I had broadband with a Netgear DG834GUK router, The broadband was ipv4. I had no problems viewing remotley on an Apple ipone5S and a SamsungA5. The BT broadband now is an ipv6 - 31 digit code although an ipv4 address shows on comand prompt. The Netgear router will not work with the BT Broadband, I have tried inserting the broadband address and passwords to no affect.

BT Broadband has both IPv6 and IPv4, the Netgear router is only ADSL so will work ok on standard broadband but not Infinity/Superfast

To find a solution to this I have tried Keith Beddoe's advice on the BT Community, with Keiths settings on a static ip the Samsung iphone will slowley open 1 or 2 immages of the 4 screen start upp image of the Swan View Link app, the immages will then sieze and disapear. All the CCTV viewing programmes start with a 4 screeen image - 4 cameras.
I need to use a DHCP with a DDNS remote server as the ip address can, and does change, on DDNS setting nothing is visable, all I see is the message 'Opening' on all 4 camera screens defaulting after some minites to 'Login Failed'. I have port forwarded both ports and tested them on the on the 'Can you see me app' I have a message to say my ISP is not blocking the ports - I take this as they are port forwarded correctley in the router. I have tried the UpNp on the DVR and Home Hub6 - again this does not work.
I have contacted Swann technical support, without success, their 2nd and last suggestion is that BT manually open the ports - 9000 and the HTTP port 85.

Can someone please tell me

Can BT manually open ports? if so who do I ask as the help desks are of no assistance on this.

No,they can't.

Do I need to change the router to one that will alow the Swann DVR to be viewed remotley?

Should the best route be to change the DVR to another manufacturer? can someone recoment a DVR that can be viewed remotley with the BT Home hub6?

Has anyone sucsessfully remotley viewed a Swann 8-4000 DVR on an ipv6 broadband with a Home Hub6?

Any help would be appreciated

0 Ratings
HEvans
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Hi Keith, 03 April 2019  as an update, and hopefully as a  help to everyone else I can now see my cameras remotely on an android phone,   to do this I needed to install a different viewer on the phone to the recommended branded Swann software, I used MEye from’ meytech’, can be found in the apple store, a free download but the adverts are distracting.  Can you assist with something else, As I have a changing ip address I am trying to set up a DDNS service on the router,  the Swann DVR has a free service at swanndvr.net,  but I cannot configure this service on the BT home hub 6 router, I am aware these routers are not all that popular but this router will send a wifi through the thick brick walls of my  house. How do I add the Swann DDNS to the router list of services?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Is there not the option to set that up within the DVR menu, I am sure there is?

See https://support.swann.com/how-to-create-a-ddns-or-hostname-Sy1Za2hTpDM

0 Ratings
HEvans
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Hi Keith, I have a DNS with Swann, I am trying to add the Swann service to the router list of DNS services , can you offer any help on this please? image.png

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

You cannot, you need to do it on the DVR, it will work just the same way, as the DVR will detect a change of public IP address and update the web address.

Read the link I posted.

0 Ratings