cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Switch Network

Morning All, I’ve purchased a 5 port gigabit switch to obviously Ethernet devices to my network. Due to the layout of the property I have a complete Wi-Fi disk in the living room currently using a Ethernet cable to a PS4 with the hub on the other side of the property with wood dics spread in each room to blanket the property. I want to utilise a switch there to help link up a TV and Sky Box in the living room. Is this as simple as going from the wifi disc to switch to devices.  

TIA! 

Dan

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Switch Network

@Dan7HouYT 

Yes you can connect an Ethernet switch to the Ethernet port on any of the disks.

Message 3 of 6

Thanks Keith.

I was also looking to replace the Hub with a better alternative router. To potentially get two and mesh them to provide better device tinkering and wireless performance.  Would this be worth it 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

You cannot use the complete wifi disks with another router, they only work with the smart hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I understand that. I’m looking to step away from the BT equipment and use third party Routers acting in as a access point replacing the SH2 and then placing a second in the living room as my access point linked to the switch that end of then building. Are there any tips you would suggest. 

thanks
dan 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I do not use any BT supplied equipment, only third party router and mesh, so you may be best seeing if other forum members can suggest a way to keep the discs working.

As far as I am aware, they only link to the home hub which is connected directly to your main broadband line.

0 Ratings