Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrGolding
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Switching Master Socket Faceplates

Hi there

I recently did some research into problems that have been occuring with my internet recently and have pinned it on my master socket faceplate, so after buying a ADSL filtered faceplate and starting to replace it, I realised that the layouts of the wiring connections were different, even after doing some digging online I still have no idea what to do.

Connected to the current faceplate are 4 sets of wires going into slots 5,4,3,2 and with none in 1 & 6, these are 2 Green/White cables and 2 Orange/white cables. I also only have one extension upstairs that connects to my router, the master socket is a stamdard NET5 that is just used for my phone

On the other hand, the replacement faceplate is labled with the following connecters: 5,3,2,B,-,A

Can anyone offer some insight on how to connect my exsisting wiring to the new faceplate?

Thanks again

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
dave44
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Switching Master Socket Faceplates

Put the wires from 2 and 5 in the old faceplate to 2 and 5 on the new one. Forget about the rest as they are not needed.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Switching Master Socket Faceplates

This may help. http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/socket.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings