cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Confused21
Message 1 of 3

Switching advice please

I am looking to switch from virgin to BT for broadband ( I would like BT infinity) for a number of reasons. I live in a student household and the people living in the house save me and my sister change frequently. Unfortunately the account was set up by someone who no longer lives here. Virgin have "found this out" and are now going to shut down our account with them despite acknowledging that we have been paying for the duration of our contract. They said that our internet will be shut down shortly and our line rental a few days after that. Would it be possible to basically switch to BT BEFORE all this happens or at least start the process so that we minimise the time spent without internet? Will i need a MAC code because getting info from virgin is like drawing blood from a stone?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Switching advice please

The best thing you can do is ring BT Sales 0800 783 0056 and see what they advise.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Switching advice please

BT are just as fussy about who owns the service. I have two BT accounts, as they won't change my exs line into her name. They have to cancel all the services and do a credit check to change from Mr X to Mrs X.

0 Ratings