cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Switching off broadband overnight

My older teenage children drive me mad by keeping me awake playing on Xbox or streaming tv and media. Does anyone know (short of turning it off) if it’s possible to stop their devices from getting Wi-fi say from 2200 - 0700 through the week?
I have set the filters and time for homework but have yet to see a benefit. Also I don’t want to not be able to catch up on Netflix or amazon myself post 2200.
Cheers
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Switching off broadband overnight

In access control I am sure there is a way you prevent individual devices from accessing the Internet between set times of day, so yes. You'll need to know the mac address or ip address of each device to identify it on the hub, where you can then rename it to a more friendly name.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Switching off broadband overnight

See link about Access Controls however I am sure your teenage children will easily find a way to circumvent them.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11372/~/how-do-i-use-bt-access-controls%3F

There were previous reports that the controls do not actually throw devices off the Internet if they are already connected. They only stop new connections.

0 Ratings