cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baysieboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Switching to Infinity

Hope I'm doing right but time will tell.........in the meantime I see I will have the option of d/l BTNetProtect which I understand is built by McAfee. My questions are:
Is NetProtect any good?
If I d/l it should I dump my normal firewall/antivirus?
Finally, I have both PCs and Ipad also iPhone........if I d/l NetProtect should I just do it to the PCs?
Have to say in the past I've always avoided McAfee as it used to have a bad rep for slowing things down.....maybe that is not the case nowadays.
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Switching to Infinity

personally I would stick with whatever you currently use for virus checking

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Switching to Infinity

My advice and that of others on the forum would be to not to use BTNetprotect. It can cause problems on some computers and is a resource hog. Do a search of the forum to see the problems. There are far better free antivirus programs available such as Avast Free and AVG Free.

BTNetprotect does not work on iPhone/iPad or other tablets.

If you do decide to use it, which I hope you don't, you need to uninstall any other antivirus you have on your computer and I would keep your present firewall running.