cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Synology RT2600ac Draytek Vigor 130 Set Up - Bridge Mode

Hello everyone.

Firstly I am not network savvy so I can only follow fairly simple instructions.

My connection is a Draytek Vigor 130 receiving a DSL signal from BT. This modem is connected to the WAN on a Synology RT2600ac. I also have to LAN ports on the router in use - one for my Mac, the other for a Synology NAS.

At the moment, everything works nicely with no performance issues.

However, I am following a tutorial on setting up a VPN for my Synology Nas. When I run the Router Configuration Wizard, I get an error:

Warning: Two or more routers were found in your network. Please consult your Internet service provider to set the modem/router to bridge mode, or try setting your router to bridge mode.

I don't understand the error because the only Router is the 2600ac. The Draytek simply converts the DSL to Ethernet - at least that's what I assumed.

Can anyone explain what's wrong or advise me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Kind Regards

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Synology RT2600ac Draytek Vigor 130 Set Up - Bridge Mode

The Draytek can be used as a single port router as well as a modem. You need to make sure it is in bridge mode.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Vigor-Draytek-130-trouble-shooting-VPN-bridgemo...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Sorry, I am really clueless.

When I first set up, I entered my BT credentials through the Synology router, I didn't do anything through the Draytek interface. Wouldn't that mean it was already in bridge mode?

If I make those changes through the Draytek interface, what does this actually do? When I bought the modem Draytek explained that it was a simple modem and nothing more. Was that wrong?

By making that change, will my NAS stop seeing two routers? At the moment, is my Draytek behaving as a router?

Also, the poster in the thread you linked came to this conclusion

"So the conclusion is Vigor 130 supports the VPN with no problem in default mode, with the router set to PPPoE protocol."

Sorry for all the questions, I'm not network savvy and your advice is very helpful to me.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I don't have a Draytek, but it seems to operate in some quasi router/bridge mode. I suggest you try configuring it as in the link posted to put it in true bridge mode.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I still haven't changed it to bridge mode but I did contact Draytek.

Hello,

I am extremely sorry to bother you. I am configuring my Synology RT2600ac Router to allow VPN. When I begin setting this up, I get an error

"Two or more routers were found in your network. Please consult your Internet Service Provider to set the modem/router to Bridge Mode, or try setting your router to Bridge mode.

My set up is fairly simple. I connect an VDSL cable to my Draytek and then an ethernet connection into the WAN port. I can use my broadband just fine.

I found your page regarding bridge mode: https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-vigor-130-bridge

If I do this, will this sort the problem out? As an aside, wouldn't I be better doing this as a matter of course as my Synology NAS currently believes there are two routers - the there is only one. The dedicated Draytek Vigor 130.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

This was their (very confusing) response.

Thank you for contacting technical support.

The Vigor 130 is not a router, it is a modem. It doesn't do any routing, It is already in bridge mode, the other type of bridge mode specified in that article will not work with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Why not just try it and see what happens, its not the end of the world to restore it back to how it is currently if it it doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I've switched it over now. I'll monitor it for seven days and see how it performs.

0 Ratings