Did you mean: 
Highlighted
keithsmythe
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Synology Routers RT1900ac and RT2600ac

Go to solution
Hi,
I currently have a BTHH6, and it works fine although I'm not that impressed with the with some of the functions.
I would like to know if I can use either of the Synology Routers with my BT connection and would I have to connect the router through a Bt openreach modem or could I connect it through the BTHH6.
Thanks
Keith
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Synology Routers RT1900ac and RT2600ac

Go to solution

You would need to connect via either a BT openreach modem or other VDSL modem such as the Draytek130. The HH6 does not have a modem only mode.

0 Ratings
keithsmythe
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks, I need to know if it will work ok with the BT white openreach modem before I shell out £220
Many thanks
Keith
0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

The DrayTek Vigour 130 can be had for under £80.  If you see someone selling it for £200+ then they are trying to work a con.  The Openreach modems haven't been issued for around 3 years and can only be obtained second hand and naturally will have no warranty.  All should work fine with an OR modem.

0 Ratings
keithsmythe
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Many thanks for your help,
Do you know if there is an equivalent good alternative to the Synology Router as it is quite expensive.
Thanks Keith
0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

You could have a look at the TP-Link VR600, plenty of features.  If you want all the bells and whistles the Synology has then the cost for other makes will be about the same.

0 Ratings
keithsmythe
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks, do you know if I can limit traffic to individual devices and set up parental controls for kids?
Also is it a UPNP router, not at home right now so unable to check
Thanks keith
0 Ratings
keithsmythe
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
I have to be able to limit bandwidth to my 2 kids whe have gaming stations because anything I try to access online then is restricted or very slow
Thanks Keith
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I assumed you had already bought a Synology router and just wanted to make sure it would work with an Openreach modem. There are plenty of combined VDSL modem/routers on the market and most (if not all)  have those sort of facilities these days, just have a look at the manufacturers specs to decide which features you require.

0 Ratings