cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

TCP Smart Plug

I have a number of TCP Smart WiFi Plugs. 3 work fine but I have a couple that simply refuse to connect to the router in set up. I know about temporarily disabling the 5GHz signal and have performed the set up many many times. I have followed the TCP instructions to reset the plugs and got all the "slow blinks" and "fast blinks" at the right times yet still these 2 plugs refuse to connect to my Smart Hub. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: TCP Smart Plug

Some smart plugs really are a complete pain to get going, as you have tried you cannot split the bands on the BT Smart Hub so yes indeed turning off 5Ghz can help.

So slow blinking is the most compatible method to setup, this is usually when the smart device broadcasts its own WIFI which you then need to connect to in order to port over your actual WIFI's credentials, fast linking I believe uses the app directly.

You may need to persist but one thing to try is take the plugs right next to the hub, factory reset them and setup there, once they authenticate then move them to where there need to be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings