cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craggle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

TP Link Archer VR2600 IPv6 Settings for BT infinity?

The Smart Hub has worked for me since release then it updated to firmware SG4B10002236 and then constantly dropped 2.4ghz band (blue light on the box, 5ghz band working, wired working). BT sent out another Smart Hub which worked great for 2 days then it also updated to SG4B10002236 and the 2.4ghz band started dropping again.

So as you cannot revert the firmware back to a version that actually worked I was forced to buy another router, the TP Link VR2600. I set the basics up and everything is working with no drops. Now I'm looking at the IPv6 settings and wondered if anybody can help.

under internet in the advanced settings I have enabled IPv6 (but no ip address is showing) and have the following advance settings that I want to know if I enable them?

Addressing type DHCPv6 or SLAAC

full cone nat

spi firewall

igmp proxy

us the ip specified by the isp

use the following dns address

use IPv6 specified by isp

use the following IPv6 dns address

then under Lan settings in advanced

address type RADVD or DHCPv6 server?

enable RDNSS?

enable ULA Prefix?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: TP Link Archer VR2600 IPv6 Settings for BT infinity?

I'm trying to find out for my TD-W9980 but not having much luck, see thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/IPv6-on-Tp-Link-TD-W9980/td-p/1672827

I'm assuming DHCPv6 for the WAN side and RADVD for the LAN. At the moment I don't know if my settings are wrong or IPv6 has not been activated on my connection, I rather suspect the latter.

0 Ratings
Craggle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: TP Link Archer VR2600 IPv6 Settings for BT infinity?

No ip address even shows up. I contacted support and they can't even tell me if I'm able to get IPv6. No point in messing around with the settings if I don't even know if it's enabled on my service. I've subscribed to your thread anyway Licquorice and see if you get any updates on the matter.

0 Ratings