cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 1

TP-Link Deco M5 with TP-Link Powerline adapters

I'm after a bit of advice regarding a future setup I'm thinking of using. I currently have the BT Home-Hub6 with a FTTP connection and I'm looking at getting the TP-Link Deco M5 WiFi mesh kit to give a better WiFi range/signal due to the placement of the Openreach modem, which is in the upstairs built-in wardrobe. I also have a TP-Link AV600 powerline adapter connected to the Homehub. From what I'v read on other forums, I can remove the Homehub and connect the Deco M5 directly in to the Openreach modem, but where does that leave the powerline adapter? Can that be plugged in to the back of one the Deco M5 pucks that is now acting as the new" router"? Each puck has 2 WAN/LAN ports in the back, so one for the modem, and the other for the powerline adapter? The main reason for the mesh kit is to give 2 Nest outdoor cams better signal strength, as they constantly disconnect due to a weak signal. I hope how I'v written it makes sense, and any advice or other alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings