cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mynameisjoe
Message 1 of 7

TP Link W9970

A year ago I found a link to settings for the TP Link router, I think it was Keith Beddoe?

I need the settings again as I had to hard reset the router, I can not for the life of me find the link anymore. Can anyone please help out?

TIA

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: TP Link W9970

use the quick setup and select BT and username bthomehub@btbroadband.com  and password bt

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mynameisjoe
Message 3 of 7

Thanks, but I already tried the quick setup and it still wont work for some reason. I have had to plug my flaky HH4 back in to get online.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

are you on fibre?  if so you must be using a modem in conjunction with your hh4

the tplink should be connected direct to the master socket and miss out the modem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mynameisjoe
Message 5 of 7

no fibre unfortunately, we stay over 4 miles from the exchange on a single track road. The cabinet has fibre but it runs to our house through copper cable. We've been having problems on and off for years with broken cabling to the house which eventually got sorted but the HH4 wifi signal was poor so I got the TP-Link after reading recomendations in here. It has worked brilliantly until I done a factory reset, I needed to to into its settings to set up parental controls but for the life of me could not remember the password I set so I thought the easiest way would be to reset and start again.
It is plugged straight into master socket as bt decided the original fault was with internal wiring and they disconnected all the extensions. They never came back to reconnect after they eventually replaced the cable between pole and my house so it is the only place I can plug it in.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

if you are on adsl then should be set to PPPoA not PPPoE

FTTC is fibre to the cabinet and the standard existing copper wire from cabinet to your home but at 4 miles more likely to be adsl

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Select BT ADSL in the quick setup menu, not VDSL or Infinity

0 Ratings