Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beachyiow
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

TV and Devices will not connect at the same time

Go to solution

I purchased BT infinity 1 

I went live a few days ago and I have been happy with the download speeds to my computers and devices .

I connect via wifi and wired via powerline adapters, my computers are wizzing along and happy

However, Today I tried to connect to watch TV. I connected the BT TV and instantly the computers dropped connection. I disconnected test TV and instantly the computers were back up again at 36 meg.

Somehow I cant connect TV and devices at the same time 

If I connect the TV the computers go down. They go down whether wired or wifi. As soon as I disconnects they all devices can find a signals again 

Basically I can have the TV working on a wired connection or I can have computers working on a wired connection . I cannot have both  !! 

I connect Wired & wireless. I connect directly to a Master Socket.(MS) I have no internal wires to test. I use no external filters as not needed with MK3 MS. I do not have a phone to test noise on the line. My home is 200m from my cabinet.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: TV and Devices will not connect at the same time

Go to solution
can you try using an ethernet connection directly from the hub to the tv without using the power lines
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Are you using more than one set of Powerline adapters?

You can only connect one adapter to the home hub, all the others must be slaved off that one adapter, otherwise you will get Ethernet bridging issues, which will lock out Ethernet ports on the home hub, until the condition clears.

Beachyiow
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi John,

I cannot really have ethernet cable trailing accross my hallway in the room where my TV is. However, I will give it a try

I am only using one pair of power line adaptors. They have two sockets. The idea of buying powerline adaptors with two sockes was so I could have my TV and my desktop on a wired connection. They are both close to each other in the same room. 

I dont think it is the powerline adaptors because when I plug in the TV all the devices in my house lose internet connection. (phones, ipad, ect) which are connected wirelessly. 

I connect Wired & wireless. I connect directly to a Master Socket.(MS) I have no internal wires to test. I use no external filters as not needed with MK3 MS. I do not have a phone to test noise on the line. My home is 200m from my cabinet.
0 Ratings
Beachyiow
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Ahhh, 

Sorry just saw Kieth's post. 

Thanks Kieth, That might be the issue. !! I connected twice to the router ....Doh!! That makes sense now ... Ill post back when I get home and remove one of the ethernet cables from the hub !! 

0 Ratings
Beachyiow
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

That was it Kieth , 

Both are working fine

Thanks so much 🙂

0 Ratings