cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

TV asking for wifi password.

Hi

My LG TV works fine with Smart hub 2. Connected no problem when setting up. But....

we can be watching a movie on iplayer or Netflix and suddenly the connection drops out and I go into TV network settings and find there is no wifi connection. Search for the modem, find it and TV then asks for wifi password as if it is setting up again.

It has done this a couple of times in the past week so not that often but enough to be annoying. I enter wifi password and it connects and all fine for the rest of the movie.

Do you think this is the hub or the TV? I did not have this issue with HH5 which I had for years with no issue with the TV.

Maybe a setting? Smart set up is off. 

Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: TV asking for wifi password.

It's more than likely the TV defaulting to its WiFi connection. Check the instructions or LG faq's to see if it can be turned off.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Sorry not quite with you. I get a selection of wifi connections of which my hub is one. What would be the default?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Actually it has just occurred to me that I changed the hub password to my old hub password to make set up easier. Could it be that if a drop out happens, the TV is trying to recognise the default password that came with the hub. Is that what you mean?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@somniac wrote:
 Could it be that if a drop out happens, the TV is trying to recognise the default password that came with the hub. Is that what you mean?

no the tv has no way of knowing another password

have you turned off smart setup in hub manager?

try selecting the wifi channels manually using a wifi analyser on your phone instead of leaving hub on auto select.  if you have SKYQ avoid channel 36 on hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Yes smart set up is off. I will try another channel. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @somniac and thanks for posting.

This isn't something I've seen before so I'd be interested to know how you resolve this. Please keep us updated on how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

OK. I will let you know. At the mo I am using an ethernet cable for Netflix etc. That works fine. My speed seems a bit low though. 20mps. With the HH5 I got about 28mps. Not drastic but not expected either. Tonight I will try Netflix on WIFI and see if I am asked again for password. Unwilling to change wifi channels as numerous other devices do not have a problem.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @DavidM  Still no remedy. It still drops connection during streaming. Last night it did not ask for password though so a sort of improvement. An Ethernet connection works fine. I wondered if I had a disc for the living room (my hub is in the hall) whether that would help. I have Halo 3 but received no disc with the hub.

0 Ratings