Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heinzguderian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

TV connects to hub but no internet

Go to solution
Hi, I have just had A Smarthub 2 and the TV can connect to it, wirelessly or wired, but cannot see the Internet. I can see its getting an ip address of 169.... instead of 192.168 etc. All other devices (PCs, phones, PS4, Sky Q) are OK. The TV had no issues whatsoever on the old Smarthub, I'm at a bit of a loss!
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
heinzguderian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: TV connects to hub but no internet

Go to solution
And, sometimes it says it is fully connected, but if you choose, say, Netflix or YouTube, it says no connection, despite it showing as having one to the Internet.

I realise that this is the only device having issues, but the only thing that has changed is the Hub!
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

You should turn off smart setup in the new hub?  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Have you tried resetting the TV so that it clears out any cached settings from the previous Smarthub?

0 Ratings
heinzguderian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
Ok, tried that but it's the same😕
0 Ratings
heinzguderian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
Not sure I can, I'll have a look. It dies connect intermittently, but rarely
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

You could always try a factory reset of the  Smarthub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds to see if that helps.

If it doesn't help, unless there is a real need to have the Smarthub 2 why not go back to the previous Smarthub if that was working?

0 Ratings
heinzguderian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution
I haven't changed anything on the hub, only had it a few days. Reason I got it was the wireless performance of the old hub had dropped right off and was also disconnecting.
0 Ratings
Xanda
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution
I'm having the same issue. Netflix and any net connected app on my Panasonic TV won't work as of today. Been working fine for years but suddenly saying no Internet connection. Even though its connected to WiFi.
0 Ratings
Traynor87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution
An IP with 169.X.X.X means the TV hasn't connected to the routers DHCP server and obtained an IP address and has generated it's own IP. So it wont connect to anything outside of the local network e.g anything on the internet.

I would factory reset the router and try again OR try giving your TV an IP manually. Eg 192.168.1.116 (making sure nothing else has the same IP).
0 Ratings