Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hillmate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Tablet and Hub 4

Go to solution

Hi, I just received my new Hub 4 and my laptop connected ok, but my Amazon Fire just won't connect. I have tried loads of things suggested by searches, but nothing seems to work. The WPS said it had connected, but when I go to tablet it still says Sign into Network. One suggestion was to go to advanced settings on my hub manager and tick No next to the Sync with 2.4 Ghz. and then add something to name and then Apply. But that didn't work either so I reset to default. I am giving up and may just buy anther tablet at this rate.

I have tried rebooting tablet, I have put in password loads of times, etc. Tablet going through window soon! Help.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Tablet and Hub 4

Go to solution

did you split the wireless networks?

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-want-to-improve-my-wi-fi/how-d...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hillmate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
No as not sure how to do that.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

that was why I posted the help pages

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hillmate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Just read how to do it on tablet, which still seems to work. So will go to hub management and try.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
hillmate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
I can't understand what it means, as first time I went in and changed setting to 5ghz and 'no', but it didn't seem to work. Anyway, I will try again. At the moment my tablet is working, just has an exclamation sign on the wifi sign. I will give up after this as it is taking ages.
0 Ratings
hillmate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
That worked!! Thank you so very much, I was going out of my mind trying everything else. Could hug you!!
PaddyB
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @hillmate,

Thank you for posting back to let us know.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@hillmate 

I wouldn't object, but my wife on the other hand..

0 Ratings