Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
punchy1973
Message 1 of 4

Telephone and broadband set up

Go to solution

Hi All,

Was hoping you could help me. I have recently moved into a new house, and first should eplain the current set up.

I have BT coming into the the top of the house, (its a 3 storey house) and the master socket is in my bedroom. i then have telephone extension on the 2nd and 1st floor. So basically at the moment i have my broadband router in bedroom connected to the master socket along with a phone. I have nothing connect on the 2nd floor or 1st floor. I did try plugging my router into a filter on the 1st floor extension, because this is where my PC is, however it didnt seem to work well. I then brought mains extenders so could use the power socket next to my PC on the 1st floor. This has been fairly successful but because the ring main on the 1st floor is seperate to the ring main on the top floor i feel i am losing a bit. Also connecting to the extender wireless on the 1st floor is only marginally better than connecting to the router on the 3rd floor.

My questions are can i move the router to the 2nd floor? can i use the existing telephone cable to acheive this? i have brought another BT adsl/ telephone socket the same as the master, can i use this on the 2nd floor?

I am sure there will be many questions as i dont think i have explained that well lol.

Any help appreicted.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Telephone and broadband set up

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Who  provides your phone and broadband service?

0 Ratings
punchy1973
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
It's Sky for both.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@punchy1973 wrote:
It's Sky for both.

This is the BT Retail forum for BT Retail customers only.

Please post on the Sky Users Forum.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/

Thanks

0 Ratings