cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dyltom13
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Terrible WiFi speed

I have to go onto my cellular just to post this.

The speed of the internet is at 0.04 mpbs. I can’t watch one video on YouTube without it pausing every 10 seconds.

Please, how can I fix this issue. If it does not get resolved. I’m leaving BT.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Terrible WiFi speed

Have you reported the issue to your provider and followed any instructions they may ask you to perform , to determine where the problem may be ?, if you haven't , then 'if they don't fix it I'm off' is a little harsh if they don't even know you are having a problem, if you have reported it, what did they say ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Can you post stats from your router

are you using the test socket with a filter to see if you can improve your connection speed

run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post results remember must be done with wired connection not wireless. 

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Enter your phone number and post results remember delete number 

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dyltom13
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I don’t have a computer here. It’s my grandads wifi. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@dyltom13 wrote:

I don’t have a computer here. It’s my grandads wifi. 

Then you are not the account holder, you will have to get your grandad to run some checks to see if its the actual broadband connection, or just a wifi issue due to poor signal or too many users on the wireless channel.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Without information about the connection the providing help is very difficult

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings