cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Testing BT Smart Hub 2

I've just been sent a BT Smart Hub 2.

I normally use my own third party modem/router, but I thought I'd give this a try as it has better WiFi.

I have an download speed of 18Mbps and an upload speed of 1Mbps. I thought all was good until I tried uploading something...

I get the maximum transfer speed up, but while doing so, my internet becomes lagged, web pages won't load, ping times drop to around 15/20 seconds and it's like that until the upload has finished.

Is there a fix for this? The bandwidth control seems to be non-existent?!

I don't get that issue with a HH5..

--
https://warehamwx.co.uk/
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Testing BT Smart Hub 2

there is no bandwidth control on any hub not just SH2

if you are maxing out the upload speed other devices are going to struggle until upload complete

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Testing BT Smart Hub 2

@imjollywrote:

there is no bandwidth control on any hub not just SH2

if you are maxing out the upload speed other devices are going to struggle until upload complete

That's not true at all.

The HH5 has it, you might not be able to control it to allocate bandwidth, it's built in to the background as it splits the bandwidth evenly throughout all devices connected.

You obviously didn't read my post properly?!

As I had already said, when uploading a large file while connected to the HH5, I can still game with no lag and I can still browse webpages quickly and efficiently. Trying to do the same thing using the smart hub 2 is impossible. Webpages take 15 - 20 seconds to load and some content on pages won't load at all.

That's not normal, that's extremely poor in this day & age.

--
https://warehamwx.co.uk/
0 Ratings