cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

The 'Chat line'

I have just registered to the forum - but my brain is tired after using the 'Chat line'  However after getting a lovely helpful young lady I think/hope that the issue will be resolved.  My phone line was making a terrible noise and I lost Internet use aswell.  Did all of the tests as suggested in the phone book but nothing worked until I removed the cover off the main socket and replugged everything back in.  The problem apparently is due to faulty wiring inside the house - and the cost will be £150  Wonderful news but I hope that we will not be charged this and hope that the technician can work his wonders. We shall see.  He's due next week and I'll let you know the result of that - good or bad. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: The 'Chat line'

If your phone noise went away when you plugged into the master test socket that does mean that your problem is within your house's wiring and you will be charged for an engineer call out.

You should try and resolve the problem your self and save the engineer fee.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: The 'Chat line'

Openreach will not repair the problem within your own wiring. what they will do is to attend your premises tell you that the fault is on your own wiring, disconnect it and then send you a bill
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings