Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Humaj
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

The purple light just won't go!

Hi, 

I've read a lot of the summunity posts on the 'purple light of doom' but there's nothing on there about it happening during set up. I've done everything that the website says, but it's very unhelpful in saying 'make sure it's all plugged in'. I've re-set up four times now and can't figure out why it's not working!

Please help/advise. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: The purple light just won't go!

Do you have dial tone? If you have a purple light it means the line is disconnected somewhere.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@Humaj I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband connection. Has your order completed yet? It sounds like the broadband hasn't been activated on the line yet. 

0 Ratings
Humaj
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

@licquorice How do I check that? We don't have a phone...

0 Ratings
Humaj
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

@NeilO got the email and have been checking the app - it was activated 26th and tried all this morning as I know it comes past midnight.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

@Humaj wrote:

@licquorice How do I check that? We don't have a phone...

I suggest getting one, a £5 phone is a very good diagnostic tool

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Humaj thanks for getting back to me, it really should be working by now and I apologise for the poor start to your BT service.

To get this looked at quickly I'd recommend you get in touch with the orders team as it sounds like your order hasn't completed or the line is faulty. You can get in touch with the orders team on 0800 800 150 Monday to Saturday 8am - 8pm. Sunday 9am - 6pm

0 Ratings
Humaj
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

@NeilO Thanks for your reply - called up and there's been a big delay to next week! Hopefully it'll be gone by then. 

@licquorice thanks for the advice - will be picking that up for any future issues!

0 Ratings