cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Third Party Router - Digital Voice

Hi,

I understand this question has been asked a few times now, but I am really struggling to get a definitive answer.

I am wondering if it's possible to use a third party router, as currently I have the SmartHub 2 - awful for online gaming and bufferbloat.

Is it as simple as running the SH2 as bridge / modem mode, and using a new router to deal with the traffic? I understand SH2 will still need to be incorporated somehow to deal with the phones.

Also - if anyone knows how to reduce bufferbloat (upload and download latency is laughable on the SH2) please let me know. I have a brand new line into my home so I don't believe it's that.

Thank you -

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Third Party Router - Digital Voice

@KyleDaltwrote:

I understand this question has been asked a few times now, but I am really struggling to get a definitive answer.

Given that it's been "definitively answered" on countless occasions, you probably just need to look a bit harder.

Message 3 of 6

It appears I have rattled your cage for some reason.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Not at all, I'm simply inviting you to make the effort to find the information that is readily available, rather than expecting someone else to type it out all over again.

Message 5 of 6

There is that many different contrasting comments saying it isn’t possible and some say it is?

Perhaps someone will be kind enough to elaborate - I’m not trying to cause a problem I’m genuinely asking for help.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

It is entirely possible and a simple search of the forum will reveal the definitive answer.

That is the purpose of a forum.