cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WJ_Blackman
Message 1 of 9

Three years of waiting and still no fibre

Go to solution
I bought a new build three years ago (post code CF72 9FZ) from Persimmon Homes. At the time I was reluctant to sign for it due to the stone aged telephone network in the area but was told that there were 'imminent plans' to upgrade the network by both BT and Persimmon.

As you can guess by my posting here, we are -still- waiting and nobody within BT seems to know or care what is going on.

It's quite frankly absurd and thousands of people in my community are sick of there being no work in the area and no indication of when we will finally be brought into tbe modern day.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Three years of waiting and still no fibre

Go to solution

only people that can give you more information is openreach  try writing to them  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WJ_Blackman
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
The Openreach website didn't reply me with any kijd of contact details, so thank you. It just kept on sayig contact your service provider, and as they so proudly state they're a BT Company and I had no other options, I posted here.
0 Ratings
WJ_Blackman
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Ugh phone typos.. You get the idea. 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

the link I posted is a form to send to openreach and from other posts openreach will respond quite quickly

have you tried the BDUK website to see if there is anymore information there

BT Retail as with other ISPs  don't have any information about possible cabinet upgrades as all down to openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WJ_Blackman
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Have you got a link for the BDUK website? Not familiar with the acronym.

Many thanks.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I just use google  http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/rural-broadband/

0 Ratings
ohuk
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for anyone to reply to that form, I have used it and other ways of trying to contact BT but BT obviously has no intention to provide any rollout information to the general public. I got one response from Openreach but not terribly useful - "You may need to speak to your service provider". Doh...

I can confirm that Gourock exchange has been partly funded using government monies so you need to speak to or contact the Scottish government to see if you are covered under BDUK then you may need to speak to your service provider.

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/rural-broadband/ and select your region.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@ohuk wrote:

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for anyone to reply to that form, I have used it and other ways of trying to contact BT but BT obviously has no intention to provide any rollout information to the general public. 

that's strange as other people have posted that they were getting replies quickly and even the same day - not always good new though

0 Ratings