cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 71 of 98

Re: Tidal drop outs and not finishing tracks

Thanks for all your help with this Keith and it was worth a try. I will keep it as a spare as its only £35 and money not really the issue here.

For me its just all the hassle and all the time I have had to waste and out into this. Its very frustrating.

I dont think its the Melco as it worked flawlessly with Sky for years. TIdal was more or less perfect. 

This is why I am frustrated, I only changed as BT is a faster service up here, so I thought it would be better. It is faster and I can tell, but I listen to music through Tidal a lot so this has nade this a bad switch for me.It cant be a coincidence that the very day I switched to BT this started

I have put the BT hub back in as the TPLink speed test was quite a bit slower.

I may ask BT to come out of the contract but I doubt I will get much joy there.

I have no idea where to turn now though ........I have no idea where the problem is and therfore no chance of solving it.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 72 of 98

Have you tried the TP-Lnk with either Google or Open DNS set?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 73 of 98

@womaz

Its almost like an IP issue, where the last block is not being sent. I wonder if it has something to do with the MTU settings on the Melco unit, as the MTU settings may well be different on BT, compared with Sky?

Is there an MTU setting anywhere within the Melco configuration pages, if so, what is it set to?

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 74 of 98

I am sorry but I am not technical at all so I dont even know what you mean. I dont think I will start to mess about with stuff like this as it would go over my head. 

Is it something to do with the fact  that you cant change DNS settings on the BTHub...but could do on the TP link

I seem to recall Tidal suggesting this.............but surely with streaming these days it should not be an issue 

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 98

Where would I find MTU settings?? 

I am trying to contact Melco now as I need to get this sirted once and for all this time

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 76 of 98

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit

If the MTU is too small, then fragmentation will occur.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 77 of 98

MTU is normally set on the router, and should not be less than 1492. I don`t think that can be set on the TP Link or the HH6. I an not sure whether there is any paramenter changes on the Melco, so it does not drop the last data packet, resulting in loss of audio?

Melco must has heard of this issue before?

What about the auto download setting that is mentioned in the manual, should that be on or off?

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 78 of 98

If this is the case then I am certain I wont be the only one with the issues. I have contacted my dealer who has emailed Melco on my behalf.

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 79 of 98

Keith I cant get it out of my head though that the issues started the very day i switched to BT......it may be coincidence, but its is some coincidence 😉

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 80 of 98

I have looked on my TP Link, and the MTU is set to 1480 (ADSL). I wonder what yours is set to?

It on the WAN settings screen, advanced view.

0 Ratings