cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 98

Re: Tidal drop outs and not finishing tracks

I can only find the TD W9970....is this ok?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 98

That is the one I mean, and if you look at the configuration pages, you will see its very easy to setup, provided you have a computer you can connect to the Ethernet port. There is a setup wizard and you simply select VDSL_BT  as shown on item 3 of the configuration menu,

VDSL (BT Infinity) Setup instructions

You then connect your existing music devices to the Ethernet ports. If you have any wireless devices, you can alter the wireless settings on the router, so they are the same as the home hub.

That will save having to change the settings on any wireless devices.

Nobody else has reported any issues setting it up.

womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 98

You are more than helpful thank you. You will think this is crazy but I think that is a lot of hassle for me. Even that sounds a bit complex to me.

The way I see it surely BT have an obligation to help me sort this and if it is their router they should solve that. I have signed up to a £40 per month contract fpr 18 months ...and they do not provide a decent router? Does not seem right to me.

I also have limited time due to work, as you can see its been 3 weeks since I returned to this forum

I may have to bite the bullet though as I am getting fed up with the tidal issues

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 98

I still have the Sky hub, could I just use this and try it?

Do I just replace the router or do I have to do other stuff like change settings etc

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 98

the sky hub is normally locked to sky so will not work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 98

I admit to being very confused now. I have a dual band router I assume with the BTSmart hub. I have been advised to use two seperate bands ie splitting the wireless signal as this could help with the wifi issues. Yet the router recommended is single band/ Am I missing something obvious here?

As you can see from my posts this is not my forte.

Should BT not be doimg more to help me?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 98

Splitting the bands on the home hub would only help devices that can connect to both wireless bands. As your music unit connects using the Ethernet ports, it would not make the slightest difference.

You said "The Melco and Devialet are connected by ethernet cable."

A singleband 2.4GHz unit which has access to all 13 wireless channels, instead of the three channels that the home hub allows, should be fine. The Wireless coverage on 2.4GHz is much further than 5GHz, and the app should connect more reliably.

womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 98

Thanks again

Sorry just to clarify the Melco is connected by Ethernet. The Devialet is connected to the Melco with a USB cable.

There is no hard wire connection of the Devilaet to the router

I have rasied a complaint with BT,if I get no joy i will try the new router. If it works then at £35 it is well worth it, but I do wonder why BT supply such a poor hub if this is the case

Thanks for all of your help

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 98

The Melco connection would be fine. Not sure what the wifi comments had to do with it anyway, as it does not use wifi?

You should be able to get that router for less than £35. Amazon are showing it for £30, but everyone else is showing £35.

Even at that price, its worth a try, especially as you are only using the Ethernet connection for your music.

You can in fact give that Melco connection the highest priority over any other connection, so it cannot be slowed down by any other device.

If you decide to give the router a try, I can show you how to set that priority up.

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 98

I will probably go for the router even though I am not sure it will help as I can return it.....its just the time and hassle factor

I have raised a complaint with BT so I await their response/

Here is exactly what happens and I will use the new Django Django album Marble Skies as an example.
On the first three tracks at least and others further on the track either stops or skips excatly 2 seconds from the end of the track, then goes to the next track.
Some albums are ok, some are not, but it does spoil the enjoyment.

0 Ratings