cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 98

Re: Tidal drop outs and not finishing tracks

I cannot see why it should not help, as I use one, and also some other forum members use one. I have no issues with it at all.

I doubt that you will get any help from BT, as you do have an Internet connection, and the home hub is not actually disconnecting from your line.

I think it just a communications issue between the home hub, and the Melco, causing it to drop packets of data.

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 98

Hi Keith

Would this happem at the same time in the same tracks every time though?

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 98

Also the Melco is ethernet wired to my router.....can you tell i am a frustrated novice -)

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 98

My apologies about keeping adding posts, but I need to try and get this sorted once and for all.

I have just played the same album on my DAP on Tidal and it works flawlessly.....no breaks or stuuters and the same tracks play right till the end

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 98

Not sure what a DAP is?

How is that connected to the home hub?

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 98

Sorry its a portable Digital Audio Player. I use it to stream from tidal with my headphones. Its a wireless connection .....works more or less flawlessly

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 98

Then that would tend to  prove its a compatibility issue between the Ethernet connection on the home hub, and the Ethernet connection on the Melco.

They are both 1000Mb connections, and its not uncommon to have incompatibility issues between two 1000Mb devices, owing to the very tight tolerances. This can cause duplex mismatch, and dropped frames which would affect your music stream.

Sometimes interposing an Ethernet switch between the two interfaces can help, but unless you have a spare Ethernet switch, it would not be worth buying one just to prove it.

The TP Link has 100Mb interfaces, which the Melco should negotiate without any issues.

womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 98

Yes I will give this a go. I cant get it until tomorrow as its not in stock at PC World or Argos up here in Newcastle

Its not the cash as if £35 solves this I will be delighted. Just irks me that BT supply a hub which does not do the job. My old sky hub worked.

I switched to BT at an extra cost for a faster speed and this happens

Thanks for all your guidance, very much appreciated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 98

I can only make a few suggestions, as I have been involved with work in the past, where customer`s equipment would not connect properly to 1000Gb interfaces on optical links.

The solution in those cases was to disable auto-negotiate, and lock the rate to full duplex. This is probably not possible on the Melco, but can be done on PCs.

The fact that you do not get the issue on the wireless connection, would point to an issue with the Ethernet ports on the home hub.

Earlier I did ask you to look at the home hub event log, and see if you can see any entries relating to Ethernet, they may show as ETH followed by a number, with a connected or disconnected message, or an UP or Down message.

That would indicate issues on the Ethernet interface, which people have reported before.

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 98

Ok I have took a photo of the event log as I have had 2 occasions when the music stopped in last 2 tracks. The event log did not show anything . 

I would post post the photo if I knew how to 😀

0 Ratings