cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 98

Re: Tidal drop outs and not finishing tracks

I have ordred the suggested router, its worth a go. Keith thank you for your patience and all of your help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 62 of 98

@womaz wrote:

I did not know that. I am a sole trader, so did not realise this was an issue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It may be an issue if you are registered as a business.

See https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/static/terms/post3rdjuly2016voiceandbroadband.html
Section 6 paragraph 1

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 63 of 98

@womaz wrote:

I have ordred the suggested router, its worth a go. Keith thank you for your patience and all of your help.

I cannot promise it will fix the problem, but its the only thing I can suggest at this point, and does not involve too much cost.

The issue does seem to be Ethernet port related.

If you need more help when you get it, then please ask. You may like to print out the setup pages from my website, as you will not be able to access them when you are changing over.

You should see about the same connection speed on the status page of the TP Linkrouter.

Just remember that the router web interface is on http://192.168.1.1 and not http://192.168.1.254 like the home hubs.

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 98

Thank you I have printed some stuff off.

If I am honest i am dreading this as I am no tech expert. I have no idea what I am doing but I have put up with thos for 10 weeks now.

I know to you this seems simple as this is your line of work. If I asked you to designe a Pension and Invetment portfolio of investments for a Cautious client ?? See I thik thats easy, each to their own expertise.

This is tongue in cheek Keith as I genuinely appreciate your help and patience with this

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 65 of 98

I am a BT pensioner, with a background of nearly 42 years in the Telecommunications business.

Everyone who has used that router, has said how simple it is to set up, as once you select the correct connection profile, and enter the login details, it simply connects.

You can alter the wireless SSID and password to make it the same as the home hub, if you have a lot of wireless devices.

Just remember to remove the power from the home hub, so you do not have two things transmitting wireless.

womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 66 of 98

That was my point. I am trusting you as you have the expertise.

I am dreading it not because I am hopeless, I am actually very good at  what I do, but this is not my forte.

My point was me running and designing an investment portfolio is a breeze to me.....but not this.

I admit to having no idea where to start even after looking at your guidance, but the router is ordered now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 67 of 98

Turn it on, wait a minute then, plug your computer into one of the Ethernet ports on the router, and enter 192.168.1.1 into your web browser, and connect the DSL lead to wherever the home hub was connected.

You will then get a login page read the setup instructions that came with it, and it will tell you what to input for the router default name and password.

You will then see the main menu where you can select Quick Setup, then just follow the steps as described.

If you then select the status page, you will see the connection taking place.

Once its connected, you can check that you can connect to a website.

You can go back into the router to change any other settings, like the wireless name or wireless channel.

Connect your Melco unit to one of the Ethernet ports.

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 98

Today has been a disaster . I have reset my router and this has caused all sorts of issues.
Tidal app is not responsive and so slow when it is
The Devialet remote app on my iPad has just stoped working. I have deleted and reinstalled ...still no good

My lap asked to shut down for some reason so I did. Now it won’t restart and I am having to restore it . Been going 3 hours so far, so work now affected.
Tomorrow is another day 🙂

0 Ratings
womaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 98

Ok the new router is set up and the problem is still there 

the track stops 2 seconds before the end.

is there any advantage to keeping this router, is it an improvement on the Bt smart hub 

if I put the bt hub back in is it just a case of plugging it back in a s entering passwords again 

Thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 70 of 98

Then the only common factor is the Melco unit itself, as your digital player works fine. Have you considered that as a possibility?

As for keeping the router, its up to you if you need a backup for the home hub should it go faulty, as it may take quite a while for BT to send a replacement, and if you need to have a working connection, then its a cheap insurance policy.

Sods law says that if you send it back, the home hub will pack up tomorrow Smiley Sad

I would be inclined to keep hold of it, and also see how it performs with your other devices, compared with the BT home hub.

I use one, and have a spare as well.

You may like to compare the connection speed between the home hub and the TP Link.

0 Ratings