cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 36

Re: Tp link vr2800 help

Do you get the same happening if you put the BT hub back online?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 36

@userlee5267 wrote:

Speeds are up.   But still if i do a speed test on my phone or any other device it knocks all other devices off line until the upload part of the test is done?

As your phone is connected by wifi, perhaps its simply saturating the wifi network. Do other devices just disconnect, or is it that they get no throughput?

Its not unusual for uploading to affect the speed of downloads, especially if your upload speed is not very good.

Run a speed test on an Ethernet connected device, and see if you get the same result.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 36

Gonna try that next.

Its literally knocks off firestick,  bbc iplayer everytime I do a speed test its so strange 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 36

@userlee5267 wrote:

Gonna try that next.

Its literally knocks off firestick,  bbc iplayer everytime I do a speed test its so strange 

Try putting the phone in the lowest QOS category. I would say that its simply hogging all of the wireless bandwidth.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 36

thanks for that info

it didnt make any difference.   as soon as i start a speed test which stresses the network everything still goes off.  its okay doing download test its as soon as the upload test starts.  its so strange

firestick shows loading button and ps4 and ps5 players start flying in the sky.

gonna try the bt home hub back in next.  i know bt had played with my connection to make it work as he could see problems i have been on the phone with bt tech the last few weeks as i had problems with speed.   they said they had altrered stuff there end and my end as i was getting alot of errrors.

im wondering if the settings that were done router side by them need doing on here.

my speed is getting better as the hours go by...  but still glithcy on online gaming and watching tv

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 36

i tried one last thing,

i used the latest tplink firmware that wasnt the beta..

the beta one is actually the latest and they say to dowonload that as it as most features.  so obvs i dowonloaded that.  seems its not quite right

doing speed tests seem alot more steady. see how i go now

thanks all

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 36

whats the MTU set at? when i was running vdsl mode (now on g.fast) i found i got the best when it was set to 1488

Im using Firmware Version:0.6.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 201104 Rel.33677n and no QoS.

its been rock solid.

Message 18 of 36

I’m on the March 2020 firmware. Also have the mtu of 1480

Message 19 of 36

Sack that nothings stable constant drop outs. 

Were do I find Mtu settings I cant see the settings for it

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 36

from the main menu click advanced tab then network then internet. under modify press what looks like a notepad and pen. at the bottom (above where it says mac clone) press the arrow next to advanced then its in that section.

try 1480 first then press save at the bottom. the router "may" restart, i dont remember.

0 Ratings