cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rjbowes
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Trouble connecting TP Link WDR3600 to DSL line, the cable is not being picked up.

Go to solution

I have a DSL cable running directly into my Homehub 4 and the internet is working fine. I need to be able to use Bridge Mode in order to stream my media server outside of my home network so I have bought a new router, TP Link N600 (Tl-WDR3600) but the router is not picking up a Wan connection?

Do I need to convert my RJ11 DSL cable to RJ45 or should the router work if I plug the RJ11 cable straight into it?

Thank you for any help.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Trouble connecting TP Link WDR3600 to DSL line, the cable is not being picked up.

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

None of the home hubs can be used in bridge mode. You would have to buy a separate modem.

Why are you trying to add something to the home hub 4?

What you have bought is only a wireless router, and cannot be connected to DSL. You would be better returning it, and getting something else.

0 Ratings
Rjbowes
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Re: Trouble connecting TP Link WDR3600 to DSL line, the cable is not being picked up.

Go to solution
Hello Keith. I am trying to replace my home hub with TP Link N600 router, do away with the home hub router altogether but my new router isn't detecting a wan cable.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@Rjbowes wrote:
Hello Keith. I am trying to replace my home hub with TP Link N600 router, do away with the home hub router altogether but my new router isn't detecting a wan cable.

You cannot use that router, without a separate modem.

Are you on normal broadband, or BT Infinity (with a white Openreach modem)?

0 Ratings
Rjbowes
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
I am normal broadband
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Rjbowes wrote:
I am normal broadband

Then what you have bought, cannot be used. You need a different TP Link model which has a modem built in.

Prices start at £30 upwards.

0 Ratings
Rjbowes
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you for your help! I'll return this and have a look thank you
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@Rjbowes wrote:
Thank you for your help! I'll return this and have a look thank you

There is the TP-Link TD-W9970 N300 or the  TP-Link Archer VR400

I use the TD-W9970 on ADSL.

0 Ratings
Rjbowes
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you for your help! Problem solved.
0 Ratings