cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gazcx
Message 31 of 61

Re: Trouble with Flickr

Go to solution

Hi, I was getting this problem earlier and what "cured" it for me was this.

Scroll to the very bottom of the bt.com page and click on "change cookie settings."

Drag the slider across to the left so it is on "strictly necessary & performance" and click on save.

Now try logging in to flickr. Hope this helps, it worked for me.  Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
billh35
Contributor
Message 32 of 61

Go to solution

gazcx, thanks for the tip....tried it...changed settings as you said and it still doesn't work! 

0 Ratings
jaywright
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 61

Re: Flickr Pro Accounts

Go to solution
I too am being directed to home.bt.com, although android app seems to connect ok to flickr with btinternet details

Everyone else able to login to flickr from a browser ok?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
jaywright
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 61

Go to solution
Was having same issue of being directed to bt home page when trying to log in to flickr, deleted all browser history and able to log in to flickr now
0 Ratings
jaywright
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 61

Re: Flickr Pro Accounts

Go to solution
deleted all browser history and able to log in to flickr now
0 Ratings
billh35
Contributor
Message 36 of 61

Go to solution

Again....I have now tried it on THREE(!) different browsers with ALL history cleared, cookies deleted etc. and it STILL won't log in. Someone at BT has done something to cause it to change and despite the issue being elevated to "Developers" no one at BT seems bothered. Every time I write a message on here I am asked by BT to complete a "Customer Satisfaction Survey" which is also completely ignored!

BT seem to want to blame Yahoo, Yahoo say it's a BT issue because they provide customer support for BT and even Flickr say it's a BT issue! (They also say I can resolve it by dis-associating my BT account to my Flickr account but then I lose my Flickr Pro account which comes as part of my BT Broadband account package)

So come on BT, get off your rear ends and either explain what has gone wrong OR SIMPLY FIX IT! Everyone says it's a BT issue except BT!

0 Ratings
billh35
Contributor
Message 37 of 61

Go to solution

It now transpires that not only can I not access my Flickr Pro account but I also now CANNOT do anything related to making changes on my account - I want to edit a sub account and just end up at home.bt.com AGAIN every time!

Come on BT - you've asked me to complete yet another Customer Service Survey - and this time it's going to be hard hitting!

This is the MOST ABYSMAL customer service I have ever seen and I have worked for many years in the airline industry!

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 38 of 61

Go to solution

Hi Billh35,

I am very sorry that you are still having a problem and the delay in us picking up your email.  Robbie picked up your email yesterday and has sent a request to the right team to find out what is causing this problem for you and the others reporting the same issue.

Robbie will own your case now until full resolution and will be in touch tomorrow.

For everyone following this thread, apologies if you are having a similar experience, we will post up to let you know what we find.

Cheers

Sean 

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
billh35
Contributor
Message 39 of 61

Go to solution

Sean

Thanks for getting back to me and I look forward to Robbie being able to resolve this issue.

However, I am concerned at the lack of response from BT overall on this issue. With no disrespect I should not have to resort to using a Community Forum to try and get an account issue fixed - an issue which was highlighted to BT on 19th December, which was discussed with the Online Help and they said it had been escalated to "Developers" and nothing happens. No one has even taken the time (outside of this Forum that is) to say that they are dealing with it. The only response I have had is from Online Chat who said categorically it was a Yahoo issue but when you go through the Customer Service system for Yahoo they say because it relates to BT Yahoo, it is therefore a BT issue. Now shouldn't the BT Help person not have realised this? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Ratings
billh35
Contributor
Message 40 of 61

Go to solution

So here we are three days later and just spent quite a while talking via "live chat" to Customer Services staff - including one technical guy who got quite upset about having been passed the problem and who without speaking to me bounced it back to Customer Services and then on to E-Mail Support who after a consultation which included a takeover of my pc online concluded that they were also unable to help and told me that BT had migrated all the BT Yahoo accounts across and that they were not supporting Flickr issues.

It sounds like BT have made changes and have absolutely no idea what they have done. A number of times people have said this morning that it's a Yahoo issue when clearly it is BT issue. 

No one seems to know what is going on and this issue must surely affect any customer who got a free Flickr pro account as part of their BT Broadband package. (Customer Services didn't even know that this had been offered in the past)

If BT are no longer going to offer this facility then all I want is to be able to access my Flickr account and delete it - and I can't even do that! 

0 Ratings