Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 8

Trying to OPT IN on the BT Wifi Page

Go to solution

Hello all,

Once again, I'm having probs. with BT Wifi page.

I'm trying to Opt IN (this time) on my laptop, so I can use BT Wifi on my new (and 1st ) smartphone.

On the www.bt.com/btwifi page I enter my username ........... @btinternet.com and MY BT password with no success. Ive even tried my username with my bt email password (which is different to MY BT password) but still no success).

What am I supposed to do next................... and why the hell are there so many difficulties with Opting In and Out of this goddam btwif!!!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Trying to OPT IN on the BT Wifi Page

Go to solution
Would be grateful for an answer to my post please??
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I'm not sure if things happen immediatley, you may have to opt in and wait a few days before anything changes.

The only reason I say this is because I recently changed my router and when I checked my Hub Manager (on the new hub) it said BT WiFi Status Inactive, but I have never de-activated it. I checked again several times over the next few days and eventually it changed to Activated without me doing anything.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for replying, but the bt wifi page doesn't even recognise by username or password so can't even get to the stage you're talking about.
Am seriously thinking of leaving BT now, cos it's such a struggle this BT Wifi service. Everytime, I try to Opt OUT it sapps my energy and time and now the first time I actually WANT to Opt IN I can't do it either!! It's just crazy having to spend so much time on this.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

The username should be your Primary email address.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks Liquorice but I have used my Primary email address but still no joy.
My Contract runs out in December so if still not sorted by then, I will be thinking of 'jumping ship'.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @ljm,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having difficulties opting back into BT Wifi. If you send me your details, this is something I'll be able to help you with.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hello Paddy,

Thanks so much for your reply and offer of help via Private Message.

I'm having a major refurb. going on at my property over this week and next, so would it be ok with you if I was to contact you via the Private Message option you've provided to me, with all the details etc., week beginning Mon 14 October when the works will have been scheduled for completion?  My reason for asking is because I don't know whether you keep the Private Message option open indefinitely or  not.

0 Ratings