Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iansally
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Trying to connect my new tablet

Go to solution

Just received my new tablet and trying to connect to the wifi via my BT hub3 alongside.  Been through the settings process and chosen my hub 3 on the listing.  Each time it tries to connect it keeps coming up with "Authentication problem" and will not connect.  Just say's Saved, Secured with WPA/WPA2.  Have i missed something like entering my my Hub3 wireless key or PIN but i do not know how to get back to the screen in which to enter such information.

As you will have guessed I am new to this tablet lark.

Thanks for your help in advance.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Trying to connect my new tablet

Go to solution
You need to enter your wireless password/key from your hub. If you go to your wifi and try and connect then it should ask for your password. If having a problem delete the hh and then search for available networks and try again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
iansally
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
I cannot find how to delete HH3 with the authentication problem.
However it has connected to BTWiFi?
When I press connect it does not ask me for a password, just goes to authentication error.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

See this guide for seting up tablets on the homehub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9692

You should also turn off "smart set up" on the homehub as this can cause problems.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=turn+off+smart+set+uoup+homehub+5&hl=en-GB...

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

What type of tablet is it, Android or Apple?

If you go to the wireless settings and press and hold on the Homehub that you want to delete it should give you an option to delete or forget that connection. Once you have done that rescan and select your Homehub, it should be something like Homehub5-xxxx. Select it and enter the wireless passkey from the label on the hub.

iansally
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thank You gg30340 and imjolly.

I don't know what I did but I am connected to my HH3.

Confidence returned and feeling smug now and just downloaded to BT Wifi and Cloud apps.

Thanks again.
0 Ratings