cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hamiltp
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Trying to get a new router and filter after engineers visit

So an engineer visits, tells my wife the router and filter need replacing, but gives no advice as to how to do this other than contact BT? Cannot find anything on the website other than ordering a new Halo unit at my expense, I should be covered under contract?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Trying to get a new router and filter after engineers visit

If you are in contract and the hub is faulty, you need to ring customer services and they will send a replacement. I would be extremely doubtful that the filter needs replacing though.

0 Ratings
hamiltp
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for reply, after waiting an hour on customer services, I had a text from BT to say the parts were ordered!

Would have saved so much time and frustration if the call out engineer had said this rather than telling my wife to contact BT to order it as he does not carry these spares?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

The engineer would have been from Openreach, not BT.

0 Ratings
hamiltp
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Then the two parts need to work together, as its the customer who always suffers?

I would not have thought it was beyond reasonable thinking to expect an open-reach engineer who visits homes to have the correct information regarding obtaining replacement hubs?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Openreach  are nothing to do with BT, they work for every ISP and they can't be expected to know the minutiae of the process for all of them.

0 Ratings
hamiltp
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Last comment , please feel free to carry on defending the indefensible, I reiterate my previous comment as minutiae does not come in to this, its basic common sense. Over and out

Footnote: BT sent router and filter all working.

0 Ratings