cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Trying to pair smart plugs to router with a variable 2.4khz to 5khz

Go to solution

I have smart plugs which use 2.4 kHz but my new sky/BT router has a variable speed so not been able to pair. I don’t want to buy new smart devices so please can someone explain how I can pair. Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Trying to pair smart plugs to router with a variable 2.4khz to 5khz

Go to solution

Are you a BT broadband or SKY user?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi.. it’s Sky thank you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Then you need to post on sky community as this forum for. BT retIl customer https://helpforum.sky.com/.  You can also try phoning the technical helpline number shown on the plug instructions

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks… wasn’t sure as it was a BT/ open reach engineer and their equipment
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

All the same most routers use at least the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands (some use others in addition) at the same time.  Smart devices will commonly just connect to a single band they are compatible with - they don't need to be compatible with every available band.  So the issue in getting them to connect is rarely the router, but more commonly poorly written connection routines in the associated apps.  So I'd probably be looking at the Smart device support sites!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

The problem is initial connection to smart devices via an app is in ad hoc mode rather than via the router. Hence the Smart device and the phone have to be on the same band. The phone needs to be forced onto 2.4Ghz band.

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Many thanks for your time.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

turn off 5ghz wireless network at the router, connect smart devices and then turn 5ghz back on

0 Ratings