cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

UDM Pro and Huawei HG612

Hello all,

I had the above modem and UniFi Dream Machine Pro working fine with the username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password: bt but I had forgotten the username and password as it was setup when it first came out. So I reset it to factory settings and entered the above username and password on the DMP via Bluetooth and left the VLAN off and DNS ago defaults 1.1.1.1 etc in the PPoE settings but it’s not connecting? Details are shown below:

https://ibb.co/d5ntxJ7

https://ibb.co/TL0qSTc

https://ibb.co/znRX4BH

It was working fine before when I set it up so I’m not sure why it’s not working now? The DSL light on the modem is on along with Power and Lan1.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: UDM Pro and Huawei HG612

Nope, settings are correct for BT PPPoE and HG612 appears to be ok. Suggest you ask on UiFi forum if there are any settings required.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Cheers, will try.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Just plugged in the old smarthub and it’s connected, it did take a few restarts but went through in the end with the unifi router unplugged from the lan port. It is connecting at 111.2 Mbps which is loads faster than I’m used to getting? Before I was downloading at around 6 mb/s so it’s connected at almost double the speed? I’m on infinity but not full fiber.

It’s getting late now so don’t fancy switching back again but why the sudden increase in speed? Also, why did it take 3/4 restarts to get going?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

You are just measuring the speed between the hg612 and the hub, not your broadband speed. The hg612 is only a vdsl device so the absolute maximum speed of your broadband connection can't exceed 80Mbps

Edit: Do you mean you have connected your hub to the master socket rather than the hg612? If so, it would indicate you  have G.Fast connection rather than vdsl. In which case the hg612 is not compatible.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

It was the BT wholesale Speedtest so from modem to the server. Well Smarthub not HG612.

Before someone mentions that the modem might be broken, it’s worked fine for about 3 years and it’s only just now when I hard reset the UniFi Dream Machine that it stopped connecting. The smarthub connects fine.

Just a thought, in the unifi router settings it has the option for 1 and 2 DNS servers, I cannot remember if I inputted anything when I set this up originally, does it need to be anything BT specific?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Did you see my edit to my previous post?

You can use any DNS servers, try Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Message 8 of 20

I understand that but would 1.1.1.1 or 0.0.0.0 work? Just so I can rule out dns from stopping the UniFi not connecting anymore?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

1)  you haven't answered my question whether the speed test with the high figure was with the hub connected directly to the master socket or via the modem

2)  0.0.0.0 isn't a DNS server, cloudflare are 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

1. The Home/Smart hub is connected directly to the BT master socket.

2. Well it’s set to 1.1.1.1 in unifi’s router.

0 Ratings