Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaddyC13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 35

URGENT: Nexus 7 2013 will not download anything from the App Store

Go to solution

Hi Folks,

A strange problem started recently (no more than the last week). My trust Google Nexus 7 2013 will no longer download updates/apps from the Google Play Store.  Initially I thought it was my tablet (not a phone) so I followed all the advice for similar issues but without success.  Today I even did a complete factory reset of the Nexus and the problem still persists.

Search on the internet I came across some similar problems from other BT Infinity customers but none of the solutions worked there either.  In addition, I have found that other Android devices have the same problem with our home WiFi which would lead me to believe that possibly the Nexus is not at fault.

We have a BT Smart Hub 6 (default settings) and I even did a Factory Reset on that as well - no joy.

Can anyone offer a solution?

I have posted this on the Android forums as well.

Thank you for your help.

Paddy
UK
0 Ratings
34 REPLIES 34
PaddyC13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 35

Re: URGENT: Nexus 7 2013 will not download anything from the App Store

Go to solution

Hi Folks,

Been working with Google Support (amazing service) but no solution yet.  However, I dug out an old Sony Android phone and this has the same problem as my Nexus 7 apart from one thing.  If I disable WiFi and turn on mobile data (4G) the updates download from the Google Play Store normally.  I cannot test this on the Nexus as it does not have phone data.

Could this be something to do with WiFi rather than Android?

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks

Paddy

UK

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 35

Go to solution

Have you checked to see if it works on another network in order to rule out a problem with your Play store account?

Edit: Posts crossed. Ignore the above.

0 Ratings
PaddyC13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 35

Go to solution
Also tested my daughters Android phone (different Google account) and this has the same problem. Turn off WiFi and use mobile data and everything downloads from the Play Store perfectly.

Daft thing is that everything else on the Android devices works fine on WiFi e.g. Chrome, email etc.

Paddy
UK
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 35

Go to solution

@PaddyC13 do you have parental controls switched on? If you do can you turn them off and then try downloading from the play store? Post back and let me know if that works. 

0 Ratings
PaddyC13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 35

Go to solution
Yeah checked Parental Controls this morning as I saw someone else had a problem when they were on. According to BT.com they are off. Did a factory reset on the router as well. No joy.

Paddy
UK
0 Ratings
PaddyC13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 35

Go to solution

Hi NeilO,

Did some more testing this morning.  Replaced the BT Home Hub 6 with a TP-Link TD-W9980 router and re-tested - same issue i.e. no access to Google Play Store on any Android device.  I then changed the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and the secondary DNS server to 8.8.4.4.  Still no joy.

Would it be fair to assume that the problem does not lie with the BT Home Hub 6?  Either all the Android devices are duff (unlikely) or BT is blocking something at their end?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Paddy

UK

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 35

Go to solution

@PaddyC13 We can check to make sure parental controls have been switched off properly as that's the only thing that I can think of that may be affecting this. 

Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
PaddyC13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 35

Go to solution

Hi NeilO,

Went in to your profile and there is no "Click here to contact the mods" option?  There is a send a Private Message which I have done.  No doubt I am being thick - can you point me in the right direction? Smiley Embarassed

Many thanks

Paddy

UK

0 Ratings
PaddyC13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 35

Go to solution

Hi NeilO,

Just checked, definately logged in to the forum?

Paddy

UK

0 Ratings