Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 35

Re: URGENT: Nexus 7 2013 will not download anything from the App Store

Go to solution

If you are on a mobile device you must use the full version of the forum and not the mobile version.

0 Ratings
PaddyC13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 35

Go to solution

Hi GG30340,

I am accessing the forum from my Windows 10 PC via Chrome.

Edit: Just tried accessing via Microsoft Edge but still not contact the mods option.

Many thanks

Paddy

UK

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 35

Go to solution

@PaddyC13 sorry about that can you try again? The contact the mods link is shown as per the screen shot below.

contact the mods.png

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
PaddyC13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 35

Go to solution

Thanks NeilO - rasied as requested.

Paddy

UK

0 Ratings
Wizzerzak
Message 15 of 35

Go to solution

Hi, I'm having the same issue (some apps refusing to update). Could you let us know if you get anywhere?

0 Ratings
dr-joolz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 35

Go to solution

Same here, when using data it's absolutely fine. As soon as on home wifi, most apps dont download. Some do... mostly the updates are blocked. Right now the Youtbue app won't update. Some other apps (non google) apps won't update, but if I unisntall and install again it works fine... 

It's obviously a BT issue cos it happens suddenly overnight to all my android devices (3), and they're on different android versions. 

I did not have parental controls on, but have now switched on and explicitly set file sharing to off, hasn't solved it yet.

0 Ratings
dr-joolz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 35

Go to solution

Now trying BT support, but not having any luck

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 35

Go to solution

Hi @dr-joolz and @Wizzerzak Sorry that you are also experiencing this problem.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
dr-joolz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 35

Go to solution
support is absolutely useless, keeps blaming Google and that it's not BT's problem, even though I can download fine on Sky broadband, O2 data, and Mcdonalds public wifi... surely it's google's problem!
0 Ratings
Wizzerzak
Message 20 of 35

Go to solution

Just sent a message to the mods, thought I'd post it here too as it details some of my troubleshooting steps to see if they match up with anyone else's issues:

"Hi,

As detailed in the thread linked, some (but not all) apps on my Android devices from the Google Play Store will refuse to update. When pressing 'Update' it starts 'downloading' but no data ever starts being received.

A slightly more detailed message can be seen in the logcat when I attempted to start the download here: http://i.imgur.com/XZKGlJB.png
(Note the "DownloadManager: [529] Stop requested with status HTTP_DATA_ERROR: connect timed out")

Some potential issues I've ruled out:

Not a mobile device issue as theis problem persists across every Android device in the house all on various versions of Android (6.0+) including: Nexus 4, Moto G, Moto G5, LG G4, LG G6.

Not a faulty router hardware issue as I have tried two different HH5As.

Not a router firmware issue as I've tried it with my usual HH5A that has LEDE firmware as well as my other HH5A which I reset to stock settings.

Not a DNS issue as far as I can tell as I've tried using Google's public DNS (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4) on my Android device.

Possibly an IPv6 issue but I've tried disabling this on my LEDE router and the problem persists.

I already have Parental Controls disabled on my BT account (providing they aren't turned on despite saying OFF).

I have just spoken to a friend who lives locally (on the same exchange, different cabinet) and they have exactly the same issue. ([exchange redacted). And another friend also on BT with an android device who hadnt reported any issues but they are on a different exchange.

Any help resolving this would be great,
[name redacted]"

0 Ratings