cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanh01
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

USB Device

So im trying to connect my Toshiba 1TB Portable harddrive to my BT Hub 6 Router to use it as a media storage device to use with Flex Media Server so i can access my music from my phone.

Im trying to access through windows 10/run using to ip address but the programs keeps saying it can detect the drive but cannnot access it. Ive formatted the drive to exFAT32, still does work, ive reset windows features so the SMB 1.0 is set to SMB1.0/CIFS Client, still no good.

When i access run through windows, i also tried putting in the usb drive name, plex drive, so the open box had; \\192.168.1.254\USB as the IP, still no good.

2019-04-16_154933.png

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: USB Device

ryanh01
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi mate. Thank you for replying. I have had a read through and yes I have already tried that. The drive doesn't want to show on the location
0 Ratings
ryanh01
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

2019-04-16_160352.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

You will probably have to wait and see if anyone has this working with a HH6. Its likely to be very slow anyway, and is no substitute for a proper NAS device.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Did you map the drive to \\192.168.1.254\usb1 ?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

As you can see from the thread @Keith_Beddoe  linked to, the Hub won't power my Toshiba drive but does power @imjolly 's WD drive.

0 Ratings