cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro With BT FTTP

I’m currently building a home network and plan to operate a ubiquiti setup in my cabinet with a ubiquiti dream machine pro taking up one of the racks. Before I select this product does anyone know if there are any issues with using this device with my FTTP setup.?

I plan on using an Ethernet cable from the open reach modem to the dream machine device but was wondering what address I need to put in for this to work correctly. I read somewhere else that I need to enter bthomehub@broadband.com and ‘bt’ in the PPPoe connection settings on the controller?

thanks 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro With BT FTTP

You shouldn't have any problems. User name & password are correct.

Message 3 of 10

Ok thanks for the quick reply 👍

Also I noticed on my open reach modem there are four RJ45 outputs with only port one operating with my BT home hub router. Can you use the other three ports as back ups or do they not work ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

They don't work.

Message 5 of 10

👍

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Just to bring this up again... So do I need to connect the dream machine pro to the open reach router or my bt home hub on the WAN port? I was hoping I could bypass the whole home hub ...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

The hub is no longer needed, just connect the dream machine directly to the ONT.

Message 8 of 10

Ok thanks - I want to set the dream machine up first in my office with wireless points before transferring it over to the actual cabinet. When this is set up and I unplug it all temporarily for the install into rack can I use my BT home hub straight away again (as I need internet during this ‘down’ time)or will I have to log out in some way of the ubiquiti.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

You can just swap between devices at will, no logging in or out required.

Message 10 of 10

Thanks 👍
0 Ratings