cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Ubiquiti UDM

Hi I have just received ubiquiti dream machine router and was wondering if it best to put it into PPOE or with the BT homehub 2 any else have this router on BT what the best option do?  I have multiple SSID at the moment when going into settings and was wondering how to set it up to just pick up the dream machine? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Ubiquiti UDM

@tomhumph97 I ditched the SM2 as soon as possible. Unless you need the digital phone I cannot think of a good reason to keep the SH2 except for troubleshooting any service problem. My UDM is connected directly to the ONT with Orbi servicing the Wi-Fi because I didn’t want to run cables just now. Great choice of the UDM by the way 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Assuming on full fibre. If you have broadband only or don't have digital voice then  PPPoE and remove the reliance of the smart hub.

If you move to digital voice you will need to use the smart hub 2 or use an third party VoIP provider.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Yes good router, ordered a few AP’s for it aswell I will reset it to Ppoe then I imagine that the best option.  I had asus router but wasn’t ascetically pleasing in the room . 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thanks yes I do have that but don’t use it on the fibre 900 at the moment not getting much use out of it I think I would downgrade to 300 or 500 at my end of contract.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Any advice on settings to get the best  range and speed  with the UDM? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@tomhumph97 unfortunately I use Orbis for wireless so cannot help with this aspect. You may be better asking that on the UniFi forum if not already.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

No issues here ..

Screenshot-2022-09-05-140821

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@tomhumph97 ... before you know it you will have a Unifi switch , a patch panel , some cameras and have it all wall mounted in a network rack with cat6 cables throughout your home 😉

0 Ratings