cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Ultra-fast broadband speed pilot!

Hi guys,

It looks like BT are coming along nicely with the introduction of G.fast.  Swansea has been named as the latest city trialling the G.fast technology.  I, for one, am very excited about this trial and the speeds that we'll be able to achieve:

"The Welsh city has been named as the latest place the company will be trialling G.fast technology, which promises broadband speeds of several hundred megabits per second.

BT intends to deploy ultrafast broadband across the nation within a decade with Swansea now joining Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, Gosforth and Newcastle in evaluation field trials.

The trials will be looking at how G.fast can be exploited in multi-dwelling units such as blocks of flats and business premises, as well as its economic impact on small and medium businesses."

Check out the article here: Swansea gears up for ultra-fast broadband speed pilot

I know it may be a long way off yet and they say patience is a virtue but patience is something I have very little of! Smiley Happy

How does everyone else feel about this?  I know a lot of people will use the net for basic email/browsing but with the bandwidth my household uses this gets a big thumbs up from me!

Feel free to pop along and let me know your thoughts!

All the best,

Robbie

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisB
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ultra-fast broadband speed pilot!

The G.Fast trial is up and running in Huntingdon.

www.btplc.com/News/index.cfm#/pressreleases/first-customers-connected-in-trial-of-g-fast-ultrafast-b...

gives the details. Roll out for 2016/17 apparently.

Message 3 of 4

Nice!

I'll definitely be taking that up when it becomes available if all goes according to plan.

Roll on the roll out! Smiley Happy

Robbie

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Just hope they remember to put the extra backhaul in to cope with all the bandwidth required. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings