Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
davey4444
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Unable to always see (and connect to) NAS drives

Hi, I've just received a HH6 and have connected to it 1x Windows 10 PC (wired), 1x Windows 10 laptop (wireless), 1x ReadyNas 325 (wired) and 1x OpenMediaVault HP MicroServer (wired).

Nearly every time they are all powered up I am unable to see the NAS drives from either W10 device if I go to My Network in Explorer.  When I click the dropdown in the address bar I can click one of the drives having previously connected to them and 50% of the time I can then connect to it.  I also have a couple of the folders on the ReadyNas hardlinked in Windows (e.g I can access them as C:\ReadyNas\Videos instead of //ReadyNas/Videos) and this seems to work just fine.  Equally I can ping both drives and they come back as connected.

Any ideas what could be amiss?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
dgw1
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to always see (and connect to) NAS drives

Is network discovery enabled on both windows 10 pcs?

0 Ratings
davey4444
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi, thanks for the reply.  Yes Network Discovery is enabled on both.  I previously had an old Plusnet router in this setup and everything worked perfectly first time, every time.  All of my stuff has been in storage for 7 months and the old router was ditched and I was expecting that everything would just work as it used to.

Even the Windows 10 devices can't see each other all of the time, let alone the NAS drives. As I said, sometimes they do appear but most of the time not.  As well as being able to ping the NAS drives, the Windows 10 PC sends a Wake-on-Lan request to the ReadyNas when it starts up and that works 100% of the time.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Bin the HH6 and get a proper router.

davey4444
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I get your point but the Plusnet Technicolor 582n was a relic and worked just fine, how can the HH6 not to a 'simple' task properly?
0 Ratings