cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Unable to connect to my website - ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

If it is happening on all your devices I doubt that changing the DNS on individual devices can resolve the problem.

To start with a clean sheet I would suggest that you carry out a factory reset not just a restart of the BT Smarthub by pressing the reset button on the rear of the hub and see if that helps.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

@gg30340 wrote:

If it is happening on all your devices I doubt that changing the DNS on individual devices can resolve the problem.

It would (if DNS was the problem), as all devices would be using the same hub served DNS addresses. Changing 1 device would rule that out.

Message 13 of 17

@licquorice wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

It would (if DNS was the problem), as all devices would be using the same hub served DNS addresses. Changing 1 device would rule that out.

Agreed if it was to test if DNS was the issue but I was meaning for it to resolve the whole problem.

Message 14 of 17

Thanks all,

I've ran another tracert from a working device outside my network and 31.217.128.230 is in the list of hops as well!

I'll try a factory reset later and see if it does the trick!

Regards, Rob

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Check if your public IP address changes when you factory reset the hub. A change of public IP might resolve the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Thanks @licquorice, will do!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Hi all,

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

I haven't tried the factory reset yet but after some further investigation I found out that the block happens when I access the site through Chrome on my PC!

After restarting my router, I can access the website on all devices that are connected via ethernet or Wi-Fi and I've tried leaving everything switched on for days and no problems. 

Then when logged into my admin area through Edge and making updates to the site (posts etc) as soon I review the changes in Chrome the BT router blocks all access to all devices on all browsers and the only way of getting access back is to restart the router.

If I only access the site through Edge, Firefox, Android, Safari no problem at all, try through Chrome (all updated to the latest version) then bang off it goes!

It's all very strange, but at least I have access back!

I'll try reinstalling Chrome at some point to see if helps.

0 Ratings