Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Unable to download BT NetProtect Plus after being told to uninstall

Go to solution

Hello,

I was told to unistall Mcafee because my DAT version is 6807 and it was stopping me from accessing some webpages. After unistalling the software I was told to re-install it. However, when I go to the download page the link doesnt work.

So now im without a anti-virus software and still unable to access various websites such as avast.com and habbo.com.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems and know a solution?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to download BT NetProtect Plus after being told to uninstall

Go to solution
those sites do appear to have problems at the moment you could try downloading Microsoft Security Essentials recommended by many her works well and is free also nor resource hungry
Kerloch
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Many people are experiencing this problem beause the McAfee website to which you are trying to connect is not currently  reachable.  See https://community.mcafee.com/thread/47993?start=0&tstart=0

0 Ratings
greymccaw
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I have had nothing but trouble with Net Protect Plus over the past two days but this is the first instance in a long career with BT/McAfee.  I could not access the site to download the McAfee removal tool and BT chat was not much help. Eventaually on my own initiative, I was able to download and use the McAfee Virtual Technician and used this to repair problems left on my computer by the fault.  I was then was able to reinstall Net Protect Plus from my account.  McAfee say they have solved the problems and maybe they have, but I am still not sure that things are well.

0 Ratings
paulpa66
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

As mentioned already. try Microsoft Security Essentials. Gives me no hassle.

0 Ratings