cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJS1
Message 1 of 7

Unable to get Netflix

We are intending to subscribe to Netflix as part of our BT TV package, but have hit a problem. We have BT Infinity (tested recently at 50Mbps), a BT Home Hub 5b and a six month old Samsung TV connected to the hub using a BT Extender Flex 500 kit. All the apps such as iPlayer work fine, but the Netflix app refuses to load. We've switched everything off and on again and done the 'check your network' diagnostic check on the app - everything goes green immediately except the connection speed which just shows a slowing spinning wheel of doom until we exit it after 5 minutes. Have spent 90 minutes on the phone to the BT 'helpline' and got nowhere. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to get Netflix

Welcome to this user forum.

Have you tried to see if there is a software update for the app via the Samsung TV menu?

Can you access Netflix on a computer?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
RJS1
Message 3 of 7

Hello Keith. Thank you for your reply.
We don't use the TV as a smart TV - we just watch using the BT TV box - as the initial smart TV set up seemed rather intrusive. As a consequence I'm not sure how to do updates on the TV. We are able to connect to the Netflix logon pages using our phones which connect wirelessly with the home hub, and we have had the Netflix logon page on the TV in the past when we were exploring. But now we want to actually join, it doesn't want to work.
Kind regards. Richard
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

So is it the BT YouView box that you have, and the Netflix app on the YouView box that does not load?

Is this a new YouView box that you have just received?

0 Ratings
RJS1
Message 5 of 7

Yes, that's correct. The box was supplied about 6 months ago when we moved in and took on a BT Infinity and BT TV package.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Has the YouView box been connected to the Internet all of the time, as there have been a number of software updates which may have updated the app?

Have you tried turning off the YouView box from the mains, then letting it start up from the beginning, as that will force a software update if one is pending?

0 Ratings
RJS1
Message 7 of 7

I did earlier, using the switch on the unit, but I will turn it off at the wall to try and force the updates. I will have to do so tomorrow as a ten minute task (get Netflix) has eaten my entire afternoon. Thanks for your suggestions.
0 Ratings