cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Unblock US not working on Xbox 360 or PS3

Ok, so I'll start from the beginning.

I've been using Unblock for ages now with no trouble whatsoever but one day it just stops connecting to the internet on my Xbox 360.

I tried re-inputting the DNS numbers given on the Unblock US page and it did nothing. I tried resetting the BT hub, the Xbox, clearing the system cache, changing the Xbox region and had no luck. It works perfectly on both my own and my mother's PC but it will not connect to the internet at all on my Xbox 360 or PS3 with the DNS settings.

I emailed the support at Unblock US to see if they could help and all their suggestions failed. Eventually, after weeks of emails back and forth, a support member of staff told me that I wasn't the only BT customer that was having issues with the internet on my Xbox and suggested I post a message here.

So, I would like to know whats going on. My Xbox works fine with the automatic DNS settings and runs UK Netflix, but boots me out of the internet as soon as I input the Unblock US settings. Anyone else having this issue? I've not had Unblock US on my Xbox 360 for over 3 weeks now and I'm all out of ideas on how to get it working and I'm pretty sick of not being able to use the service as I want.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unblock US not working on Xbox 360 or PS3

If you are on a HH3 then this may well be related to the firmware update that has also broken everyone's VPNs on that device. 

There is a very long active thread here about it that you should read.

In which case, BT seem to be doing sweet FA about it and getting a new router seems the only current practicable solution.

0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Do you have the BT network level internet filters active for blocking access to **bleep** websites etc? If you enable this BT will block any outgoing DNS traffic thats not directed at BT's DNS servers.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Ok thanks I'll take a look 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Ah I see, I don't think I have any filters active to be honest. Is it set up by default or something?

0 Ratings