cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Unidentified network device

Go to solution

Two unidentified devices are showing up in my Smart Hub 2, one currently connected, the other connected previously I guess.  I can account for all the other devices showing so is there any way I can block or trace  connections from these two unidentified devices?  I doubt very much that anyone else could have discovered and used my wireless password so suspect/hope this will have an innocent explanation.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unidentified network device

Go to solution

Make sure that you have accounted for all the devices that are connected. Some forum users have found that it is often devices that they forgot to include such as powerline adaptors or DVD players, smart TV etc.

When you are checking for the devices that are connected to your network, if you click on the device it should open another page and it will show you the MAC address of the device. You can then do an Internet search of that and it usually gives you the manufacture's name and this may assist in identifying it.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

SH2 shows the MAC but I didn't know I could google for it - thanks!

Yes, it is easy to overlook connected devices and I'm hoping that turns out to be the explanation.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Good call, thanks.  On of the two is a VMWare network adapter I hadn't given a thought to.  I'll now go after the other.

EDIT - same for the second one, cheers 🍷