cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Unknown device connected to my wifi

Go to solution

Hi please can someone help me , iv got a device connected to my  bt hub5 and I'm not sure what it is and I can't block it, it says GTA5 but it comes up as a phone on my router wirelessly, every time I block it it comes back , and I don't play  the game gta5, 

thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unknown device connected to my wifi

Go to solution

It looks like this may be an issue with the Hub 5, this thread has the same problem:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/homehub-5-permenant-mac-address-blocking/td-p/13...

Presumably, you are following the same workflow.

If there's no chance that someone in your house owns a phone called GTA5, you could change your wireless password:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14110/~/how-do-i-change-the-wi-fi-password-on-my-bt-h...

If you do this, only change the network password on devices you know. You can check the MAC address on phones in your house (google can provide pointers).

I don't have a Home Hub, but do they show devices attached via BT Wi-Fi? e.g. BT routers advertise your home network and BT's Wi-Fi network. You could try joining your mobile phone to the local BT Wi-Fi and see if you can see that on your routers admin pages. Then you'd 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

thank you I will try and change my master password and see if that works, but yes my devices do come up on my hub and I can block them it's just the GTA5 that I can't block

0 Ratings
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Sounds good. Please report back if this fixes the problem and marked it as solved to help others in future.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

thank you , iv now changed my password and it's no longer their, once again thank you for all your help

0 Ratings